Still procrastinating.
We had dramaz with Zoh today. We went to a show..missed our class.. no probs we found it quite funny. Then we loaded him back up and all was well. Started to leave and he went ape shit. Full out panic. The trailer and the car are like catapulting around and I've thrown myself out the car and into the trailer in less than 5 seconds, grabbed his headcollar and put my hand on his neck to try and calm him down. He settled quite quickly, but he was shaking, his eyes were rolling and he was basically hyperventilating. So I spent the 45 minute journey home in the back of the trailer with him...not SAFE! It's not a fun place to be, I have no fuckin' idea why horses get in there time and time again. No jokes. We got him on the trailer and he's cut above his right eye and on his chest, no biggie, just skinned it...but he's shredded his back left leg. It's swollen, bleeding and he's slightly lame on it. He let us apply first aid, cleaned it, creamed it, powdered it, gave him dinner and turned him out. He was trotting so he can't be too sore, but I might powder down a bute for him tomorrow if he needs it cause he'll be stiff in the morning fo'sho. And tomorrow he will be going back into the trailer to eat his dinner and all will be well with the world.
The annoying this is, I had a really really bad feeling about this morning I didn't wanna go cause I felt that something bad was gunna happen. I wish I'd listened to my instincts cause then he wouldn't have hurt himself.
Bless him, he did look super nice walking through the showground though, he gets really on his toes and does a super slow trot in an outline with his tail curved over his back. And people always point and "oooh" at him and I often get people coming over like "he's so pretty!" and I'm all ikr?! lol
I love him even though he's a tit sometimes.
Oh oh oh and we had snuggles with Ellie today it was super nice cause more often than not she'll try and eat my face but that said, sometimes she is reaaaaally snuggly. Today was one of those days.
And I think she has an abcess on one of her front teeth and Zoh seems to have bitten part of his tongue off...
My horses have issues. Dude.
Oh oh oh and I had an amusing conversation w/ Dave today about unicorns...he makes me smile..that smile when you get a text and you're all bah. and you look to see who it is from and then you just grin..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment